My inlaws are arriving this afternoon and will be leaving Monday morning. This means I need menu plans! By my count, with one dinner out for husband’s birthday, I need 2 dinners (pick 2 from fri/sat/sun), 2 lunches (sat/sun), and three breakfasts (sat/sun/mon) planned. And probably one dessert – my MIL is bringing a carrot cake with her.
For dessert, I’ll be making these apple dumplings. They do not masquerade as health food. They look a little strange. But oh dear lord are they amazing.
- Cereal, Yogurt with fruit and granola
- Banana Bread
- Leftover apple dumplings
- Muffuletta (made with 1lb Italian bread loaf – serves at least 5)
- Spinach salad
- Sides: Corn and Black Bean salsa w/ Tortilla Chips; Cauliflower salad
- Flank Steak (woot! sale!) and roasted potatoes
- Mustard Dill Salmon and wild rice
- Sides: Roasted Asparagus with Balsalmic Vinegar; Fresh steamed green beans.
Normally things like fish and steak would be… uhh… budget busters. But I live right near the incoming fish/shrimp boats offload point, so I can get seafood for amazingly cheap!
If anyone wants recipes for any of these, let me know! Many of them are Anna’s Mama or Anna’s Nana’s recipes 🙂