This stuff is AMAZING. It’s quick and easy to throw together, and I made it for a BBQ I’m going to today, so I thought I’d share. The recipe is my mom’s.
- 1 lb frozen sweet white corn – don’t bother thawing, just dump it in.
- 1 can black beans (the plain ones with just salt, not seasoned), drained and rinsed well
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, very finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, very very finely minced
- zest of 1 lime
Dressing: 1/2c lime juice, 1/2c olive oil, salt and pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper)
If you just HAVE to have cilantro, you can add some, but I can’t stand the stuff. If I’m going to double the recipe, I usually double everything but the corn (’cause 2 lbs of corn is a TON) and make the dressing with 3/4c juice and oil. It works out well.
Serve cold (it’s best if it sits a few hours before you eat it) with tortilla chips or on its own as a side dish with grilled chicken.